An all-time favourite with almost all North-Indian households is Aloo Gobi which literally means a Potato Cauliflower preparation. There are various methods of preparation for this and the below is a sample. Sumi always tries so many varieties for this. We felt this was tasty enough to be a starter recipe for our site.
- Cauliflower cut into small florets - 1 medium sized
- Potatoes peeled and cut into cubes - 3 medium sized
- Curry leaves - 10
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Cumin Coriander seeds paste - 1 tsp
- Onion paste - 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida - 1⁄4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1⁄4 tsp
- Garam Masala powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1⁄2 tsp
- Green chillies cut into long pieces - 2
- Red Chilli slit - 1
- Tomato cut into small pieces - 1 medium sized
- Tomato chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Water - 1⁄2 cup
Heat oil in a wok, add the whole red chilli, cumin seeds and the asafoetida, green chillies, curry leaves and saute till 10 seconds.
Add the ginger-garlic paste, onion paste, cumin-coriander paste, garam masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and cut tomato. Sauté for 1 minute.
Now add cauliflower, cut potatoes, tomato-chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and fry on high flame by continuously stirring. Add salt and Fry for 3-4 minutes.
Add the water and cook on low flame covered. Serve hot.